Inspiration


We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.
[Marianne Williamson]



Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Happenings

Well, I survived Christmas, and had lots of stories to tell and photos to post, but since I never quite got around to posting them, I guess I'll just move right along to this week, which has been rather hectic.

First visit with obstetrician was on Monday - she got out her tiny ultrasound, so I got my first glimpse of Bilby. Another HUGELY active baby who wouldn't sit still at all... but as the ob said, "it's there, and it's moving" and that's what we want to know! I'll be heading down for the full ultrasound early next week, so I might get a picture which I can compare to the one in the little box in my sidebar.

Ob was surprised to feel Bilby so far up, but my dates are pretty accurate... hope it doesn't mean another BIG bub. She did say it was often easier to feel baby in a woman who's had a caesarean. She's willing to support me trying to give birth naturally this time as I really want to avoid another caesar... she did warn me though - labour has to start naturally and progress quickly. They can't induce me or give any chemicals to hurry it up. If there is the slightest sign of a complication, I get rushed to the operating table, because they can't risk the scar from Wombat's birth rupturing. Here's praying it all goes according to plan!

In other news - of all those resumes I sent out, one has finally received a positive answer. I had a job interview yesterday with a local law firm. They are a small firm - only five people - but the three who interviewed me yesterday seemed very impressed with me. I am waiting for them to arrange a final interview with the principal of the firm.

Unfortunately, they are not offering me a paid position - it will be voluntary. But it is three days a week, and they are offering to give me a wide experience in a general practice, and to introduce me to the network of legal people in my area - most importantly of all, it will satisfy the 75 days work experience I require for the College of Law.

Bilby is due in about 28 weeks, and I should complete the 75 days in 25 weeks, so fingers crossed it will all work out perfectly. It is disappointing that they won't be paying me, as I will have to buy new clothes and there will be transport costs (petrol, wear & tear on the car etc) but at least it is local, and it is the best offer I have received so far. They seem very friendly & easygoing and they are fine with me being pregnant (their school-age children are often in the office). I will let you know how I go after the next interview.

It will be good for Wombat & Yeti to spend more time together, so hopefully Wombat will be less dependent on me when Bilby is born, and I'm sure it will be less physically stressful for me to spend 3 days a week in an office rather than chasing Wombat around!!! He likes gardening at the moment - which means digging with his shovel or new bulldozer in the dirt while Mummy pulls up weeds. When Mummy suggests it is time to take a break, he simply points at the weeds and says "MORE!". When I finally convince him it is time to go inside for a drink of water, he insists I empty the wheelbarrow full of weeds onto the compost heap first! Talk about a hard taskmaster!

That's all I have time for right now - Wombat will be waking up any minute, so I had better seize my chance and lie down while I can.

2 comments:

Steff said...

Thats great news - sounds like me trying to finish my teaching degree in time for the birth - but lets hope bilby does come 2 weeks earlier - nice and small and on its way by itself :)

Saints and Spinners said...

I'm glad to see an update! I wish you well as the pregnancy progresses. I had a caesarian birth as well that was totally not elective (it followed 24 hours of labor).