Inspiration


We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.
[Marianne Williamson]



Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stolen moments...

What do you do with an exhausted, overwrought 2 year old who has given up on daytime naps, who is refusing to do anything except watch tv, and who is otherwise desperate to sleep but won't admit it? Answer: turn on Andre Rieu and within 30 seconds you'll have sleeping beauty!!!



The first time, it happened by accident, but I've used the technique twice now and it's working perfectly :P



Yes, if there is anyone still out there who is interested, I am alive, the little (BIG) Munchkin is here, Wombat is adjusting as well as can be expected to big-brother-hood and life is good. There is so much I want to write about, but alas, nappies must be hung and playrooms tidied (or else the Bob the Builder machines complain about having nowhere to vrooom). I also must make a new batch of playdough and I am sure I will think of a million more things that are demanding my attention.



I just stopped in to remind myself I am still here... oh and to record another exciting discovery in the world of toddlerhood - FISH OIL! Yeti and I are kicking ourselves for having forgotten... we were putting Wombat's increasingly chaotic tantrums and disruptive behaviour down to sibling rivalry... then Yeti remembered finding out about fish oil as a treatment for ADHD when Wombat was a baby.



For the past week and a half I have been squeezing a capsule of fish oil into Wombat's evening milk - the difference is dramatic. The best way I can describe it is - it's like we've suddenly got Bugs Bunny instead of Tassie Devil living in the house!

(I'd put a picture in, but apparently Vista and Norton don't make a good combination for uploading... yet another teething problem with this new computer... anyway, I think you know what I mean.)



He's still Captain Chaos, mischievous, whining, naughty and adorable, but as Yeti put it, "now he's back to playing on the same team". I'm so happy to see glimpses of my own cheerful little Wombat shining through the terrible twos... I was beginning to think I'd lost him :D

2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Munchkin!

Steff said...

fish oil huh - wonder why that calms them down