Inspiration


We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.
[Marianne Williamson]



Friday, February 16, 2007

It's been

one of those days...





Things carelessly left on top of the cd player are now on the floor... the clock is about to join them... and I wonder why nothing ever gets done!

I can't wait until he gets to the stage of asking "WHY? WHY? WHY?"

He'll finally be able to get me back for saying "NOT IN YOUR MOUTH... NOT IN YOUR MOUTH... NOT IN YOUR MOUTH..." so often that I feel like a broken record. (He has to taste-test absolutely everything at the moment - and I mean everything! "mmmm rocks")



Anyway, it's well past midnight, and I have to wash his bottles, dishes & highchair before I get to bed turn into a pumpkin... not to mention exercise (which I'm still having trouble being inspired by, since my fall from the deck has left a residual stiffness in back and legs)... I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but one little smile makes it all worthwhile ;D



I love his capacity to increase my self-awareness. I will suddenly notice that he has been looking sad or grumpy for a while and ask "What's wrong, little love?" Then, when I smile at him, I will feel from the muscles in my cheeks & forehead that mummy has been walking around with a face like a storm cloud again... oops! He is the pot of gold at the end of my rainbow!



PS. how's this for a fashion statement?



Camo overalls, strawberry kneepads and 'Hello Kitty' socks. Do you think he'll forgive me if I show him this when he's a teenager?

1 comment:

Steff said...

my advice - choose your battles lol - After a while i would look at what she wanted to stick in her mouth and work out how dangerous it was - germs are good build resistance and after a while she just stoped putting things in her mouth where as kids that had overprotective parents who wouldnt let their kids put anything in their mouth still have to say "not in your mouth" to everything