Inspiration


We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.
[Marianne Williamson]



Friday, July 20, 2007

Poetry is...

My favourite day of the week is here again! Not because the weekend is coming (weekends are pretty much the same as any other day when you don't go out to work or have kids in school). No, Friday is my favourite day of the week because I get to read lots of poetry!

My offering today comes from Carl Sandburg, author of my all-time favourite quote about poetry:

"Poetry is the journal of a sea animal living on land, wanting to fly in the air."
Who Am I?

MY head knocks against the stars.
My feet are on the hilltops.
My finger-tips are in the valleys and shores of
universal life.
Down in the sounding foam of primal things I
reach my hands and play with pebbles of
destiny.
...
-- Carl Sandburg


And for my own offering this week - a cinquain.

Cheeky
cockatoo calls,
screeching from the treetops.
Golden crest flashes. Ready for
mischief.

[MW]




Today's Poetry Friday round up is hosted by Mentor Texts and More.

1 comment:

Myth said...

Note to self: on weeks when you don't have time to put some effort into choosing - and even more into writing - a poem... DON'T POST!