Inspiration


We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.
[Marianne Williamson]



Thursday, January 01, 2009

It's that time again...

My New Year's Resolution is to lose 20 kgs by this time next year.

I am going to accomplish this by eating less sugar and less salt (the latter on doctor's orders as my blood pressure still hasn't settled down after Munchkin's birth), more fruit and more raw veggies. I will limit my indulgence food (chocolate, biscuits or cake) to one small serving per day. I will at the very least do a no-excuse workout every day, adding an interval workout whenever I get the chance - aiming for at least once a week. Also drinking more water - as a first step, having a big drink whenever I find myself reaching for a snack.

The overall goal sounded immense at first, then I realised, all I have to do is lose 2 kgs a month, or 500g a week. That sounds quite realistic! I'll be tracking my progress over at Kookaburra Canyon.

No comments: