Inspiration


We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.
[Marianne Williamson]



Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY (Tuesday 13 January 2009 )...

Outside My Window... a cool mist hovers amongst the trees and the grass is wet with dew. The sun is just rising, welcomed by the chiming of bellbirds. It is going to be hot again, and I am hoping for a rainstorm later in the day as the tanks are almost empty and there are (as always) nappies to wash - not to mention Wombat's (and my) muddy gardening clothes.

I am thankful for... a long-lost friend contacting me out of the blue.

I am thinking... that the 40-day Love Dare Challenge sounds like a great idea.

From the learning room... we are working on replacing a bad habit with a good habit. Also, the letter "B", and hunting for worms and millipedes.

From the kitchen... look at this lovable little face covered in banana!






Munchkin is continuing to delight in discovering solid food. So far he has tried banana, sweet potato and rice cereal. I'm planning to introduce stewed apple this week. He is very independent and insists on feeding himself! As soon as the spoon comes towards him he grabs it, checks what's on it with his fingers and then puts it happily in his mouth. No spoon-feeding for this lad! I'm thinking I need to make him an eating-smock as bibs - and even an old nappy tied around his neck - just aren't doing the job! Either that or give him another bath and clean clothes AFTER dinner, lol. BTW, none of this has decreased his interest in breastfeeding as often as he can possibly manage ;P Munchkin by name, Munchkin by nature!

I am wearing... a red t-shirt, khaki trousers and my chinese phoenix-embroidered mary-janes.

I am creating... little bags and pouches in which to store toys.

I am going... to make another cup of tea ;D

I am reading... Charlotte Mason. I am ecstatic to have finally found a free source for her books in text format that I can load onto my ebook reader (the replacement Yeti bought for me has just arrived.) I think Wombat is really going to respond to the Charlotte Mason philosophy of education - with her emphasis on being outdoors, and on narrative, which he loves - much better than he has to Montessori (though I will still be making Montessori-inspired materials for him).

I am hoping... that the boys sleep in just a little bit longer.

I am hearing... the clock ticking and the chickens clucking.

Around the house... MIL is returning from one of her short trips away today, so I must put on my housewife hat and do what the FlyLady calls a crisis clean. It's not that bad, but Wombat has been wandering around leaving trails behind him (have I told you I also call him Captain Chaos?) I do need to kickstart my control journal again, and get back into the habit of a little bit every day.

One of my favorite things... baby and toddler huggles.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

  • look back at the plans I have made over the past two weeks and ACTUALLY DO THEM!!!


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


Mum gave Wombat a 'touchable' bubble blower for Christmas. They smell a bit chemical-y so I recommend using them outside - plus they leave a slime like a snail trail when they do pop... but they are lots of fun. They hang in the air and move slower than normal bubbles, and they stick when they land, so you can 'decorate' your trees with them lol. Wombat loves that they wait around for him to come stomp them.


Here's a 'popped' one - such a pretty rainbow sheen!


This snippet of my life brought to you courtesy of the Simple Woman's Daybook. If you would like to join in too, you will find all the details here.

2 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Your little ones are darling!

I am starting to feed my son solids and so far he can't stand them. I am hoping once he is feeling better he might start liking them.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely daybook. You soap bubbles are fantastic.