Inspiration


We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.
[Marianne Williamson]



Friday, September 08, 2006

Stuff Portrait Friday

Well, my folder of unread journal articles is finally empty... I can start actually writing my thesis now... so to celebrate... a 'thinking' STUFF PORTRAIT FRIDAY woohoo!

1. Your Freedom

I thought about this for a while and realised that the freedom I enjoy most lies in my pen... my creativity... my writing... where I can create whole worlds to escape into, ordered just the way I want them to be! The books are two of the exercise books I use to archive my poems - I covered them in the prettiest paper I could find.

2. Your Hope

Yup, not for a while yet, but maybe next year, I definitely hope to have more children - a pair of little sisters for David would be ideal, but I won't be fussy. I just hope they are as healthy and happy as he is!

3. Your Wish

This is a bit more abstract - the painting was done by Nana - Dad's mum - of a beach where we once all went for a holiday. The shells I inherited from Grandma - Mum's mum - who was given them during the war by an American sailor. My wish? Much as I love our bush lifestyle, I wish we lived by the sea. It surprised me but the more I thought about it, I realised that I wish this more than anything else in the world. I wish we lived by the sea!

1 comment:

Steff said...

"was given them during the war by an American sailor" oooh doesnt that just make your mind turn - do you think grandma had a war affair ;)