Inspiration


We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.
[Marianne Williamson]



Thursday, August 24, 2006

Last Mondays Snarkland (Steff)

well snarklands question of the week last Monday was "How’d you get that scar?"
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
(why do elboes look so ugly)
And since I have one of the best scars I think I've seen though I would show it off. I started writing this before snarklands next question and here it is Thursday so I better hot foot it and finish it. The scar was cased by removal of an invasive tumour that was wrapped around and through my elbow - There are actually two scars as the first time it was removed they didn't get it all. I was about 10 at the first operation and I think 11 at the next. It was benign and thankfully has not grown back and I never really gave it that much thought as a child - but now I probably think about it more. The older I get the more I think about cancer - the whole am I more likely to de from cancer as I have had a tumour before? and since Kaelyn was born I think more about how it might have impacted on my parents - because when I went in for surgery they had no idea whether it was benign or not - I'm not sure I even knew that much about cancer - certainly I don't remember being worried. But being a parent I can only imagine how scary that would have been for them.

1 comment:

Myth said...

I remember you got a little pink tv to watch in the hospital :D Funnily enough I wasn't jealous - I preferred to read anyway, and figured you were more bored than I was :P I remember being worried about you, and I remember you had a doctor called Dr Redbeard? who I always wished I might meet as he sounded like a pirate... but actually, I remember the time you had the glass taken out of your foot and stitched up without anaesthetic much more than the whole elbow/tumour thing - though both were probably partly my fault - I helped you break the arm in the first place by playing where it wasn't safe in Uncle Laurie's shed, and I took you down the steep bank where the teenagers partied and threw all their bottles into the creek - neither of us wearing shoes - not that I could have kept your shoes you on anyway (looks at photo above and grins)